Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy birthday Grandma Dear




It is such a blessing to say that today my granny celebrated her 87th birthday. My granny is such a wonderful woman in my life. I have experienced so many great times with this lady. Growing up I begged my mom to send my to Jacksonville so that granny and I could have our summers together. During the summer we had a routine, we got up early ( I'm talking early), went for a long walk (with our walking partner Mrs. Gladys, and our big stick) ate breakfast (granny's famous oatmeal, yummy!), watched the news, Donahue, The price is right, the news, the stories (if you are unfamiliar with this term, The Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and last but not least Guiding light, whew that was a mouthful!) After that we'd prepare our dinner, eat, and either head to bible study or start our evening t.v. time (you know, Jeopardy, and The Jokers wild!) And I can't forget our stash of goodies that we hid under granny's bed (a box full of every kind of candy you can think of!)
Granny has always been good company for me. I can talk to granny about anything and expect to get a straight answer, no matter what. Granny I love you sooooo much and I thank God for you and the opportunity to allow my girls to know and love you as much as I do! See ya at 88!

2 comments:

The Butterfly Catcher said...

I know how special it is to have the blessing of a grandmother like that! Love the black and white photos!!

Life's Journey said...

Precious memories. I miss those moments.

Enjoy your blessings.