Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Trinity- I did not know that not too long ago black people and white people were segregated. I also learned that Dr. Martin Luther King used some things he learned from Gandhi in India to help him in his fight for equal rights using non-violence.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
1) In english I am learning about plural and singular nouns like flag and flags.
2) In science I am learning about gravity. Did you know that gravity causes you to be almost weightless in a swimming pool?
3) In Florida history I learned that Father Lewis Cancer was a missionary not an explorer.
4) In bible I read about how Jesus healed that blind man who had a problem with his speech.
5)In literature and creative writing I am reading the book Saved at Sea. In chapter two I read about how lighthouses are made with rocks and sand. Lighthouses warn people when a storm or bad weather is coming.
6) In word building I am perfecting my cursive writing.
7) In social studies I am learning about absolute Paul.
8) In math I am working on simple algebra and division.
Here is Kennedy smiling for the camera. Kennedy enjoys smiling even more now that she is missing so many teeth!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
My husband rocks because despite our difference of opinion last night he still made sure that he kissed me goodbye on the forehead before he left for work this morning. Sometimes it's the little things that make such a big impact. I love you "Bakilow."
Thursday, October 2, 2008
And yes that is a crinkled receipt from the kitchen counter!
Anyways, Kennedy woke up this morning and ran straight to me holding the receipt "mama what does this say?" So I read the note to her and she said "oh, ok!" I know, I know. I really should not play on the innocence of a child, but what would you have done in my position?
The funniest part happened later in the afternoon. We were on our way home from guitar practice when Kennedy out of no where says "mama, Trinity has visions!" So I said "What?" Then she said "Last night before I went to sleep Trinity told me the tooth fairy was broke, and she was!"
I wouldn't trade my kids in for anything in the world. And Trinity you better not tell!